Monday 25 February 2008

A happy Customer


A happy customer, I've just delivered a Cocobolo Taran Mhor to Vicky Thomson up in Aberdeenshire. We are both very happy with the sound of the guitar, the bass has wonderful depth & sustain with trebles that ring, the note separation is great, something Vicky requested as it suits her playing style. For her I think that the volume was the most impressive factor, the Cocobolo's density & thus resonate qualities enable quiet playing without losing the clarity of the notes as well as the control in volume at her finger tips. It gave the feeling of having no limit to its power, something I want in all my instruments.

February saw the last of the French Polished guitars I will be doing. I finally tracked down a fantastic guitar sprayer in Northumberland. His number was given to me kindly by Nigel Forster. I'll be taking my next Taran Beag to him at the beginning of March, I know the results will be excellent.

No comments: