Wednesday 1 July 2009

Madagascan & Brazilian Tirga Beag




Here are few pictures of a Madagascan Rosewood Tirga Beag. The Headstock veneer and heel cap are reclaimed Brazilian Rosewood, beautiful stuff that just finishes this guitar nicely! The Soundboard is European Spruce with Indian Rosewood blinding and rippled Sycamore purfling.

A few words from the owner :
   'I'm really loving the guitar. The neck shape is great,
sometimes I get cramp with bar chords but haven't with
this guitar..
It's also so loud! Everytime I compare with another
guitar it blows them away, got my martin D15 back and
that sounds so bad now!..I've relegated it to slide
guitar.'

Ally Brown

1 comment:

Brian said...

I am an Engineer/Machinist by trade and want to start building guitars.Your rosette around the sound hole on the Tirga Beag is exceptional. Can you tell me the process involved for the rosette? Also when you french polish the inside, how do you get the kerfling to adhere to the back if it is polished? Thanks, Brian