Thursday 11 September 2008

Finished Ulladales



Here they are, the finished Ulladales. Its been 8 months of head scratching and experiments but it's been worth every moment.
I'm really happy with these two guitars. The Sycamore & European spruce has a wonderfully full mellow tone, with the best balance across the range I've heard in an instrument tuned to an open tuning. As all good guitars it plays all the way to the 20th fret without a wolf note and has rich prolific harmonics.
The Indian Rosewood & Caucasian Spruce is unbelievably dynamic; I'm more scared of breaking strings than the tone breaking up, it just gets fuller the more you push it. At low levels, it still sings clearly with harmonically rich grace.

Anyway, best stop before I get carried away. You'll guess that I'm excited.
Both of these guitars will be on show at the Acoustic Guitar Show in Cheltenham this weekend. (13th - 14th of September 08) (www.guitar-show.com)

I hope very much to see you there.

No comments: