Thursday 3 April 2008

New work!



Here are a few pictures of my Jumbo and the Parlor guitars, I don't have any names as yet but see what you think.

The Jumbo is based on the standard size although not as deep as some 118mm at deepest point, the shape is my own like all of my models, 406mm at the widest & 504 mm by length, its got a 650mm scale. Three piece Hondraus Mahogany (A bit controversial I know but I had it and didn't want to waste it), Swiss Alpine bear claw spruce & Brazilian Mahogany & Indian Rosewood 3 piece neck. From the Tap tests I've done it already sounds like a freight train of a guitar.

The Parlor again is my own shape, 364mm at the widest & 470 by length its a got a 645mm scale. Rippled European Maple back & side with a Swiss Alpine spruce top, the neck is a 3 piece Brazilian Mahogany & American Black Walnut with a slotted head stock.

There both off to be finished next week I'll report on the sounds when they return.

1 comment:

//Felipe said...

love the headstock design!